Translate

Monday, November 24, 2014

Last Preparation Day Letter






Mon, Nov 24, 2014
Subject: e agora........  [and now ....]

òla família e amigos queridos!!  [Hello dear friends and family]

It was brought to my attention various times that this is my last pday on the mission ever---so I have to be real serious with this email.  haha. 
Pressure!  

But it’s alright.  I feel like I’m in hardcore denial because I still don’t believe that it’s all ending.  I’m still waiting to find out where my next transfer is!!!  Who’s my next comp.  Then I remember that it’s the "big transfer.”   But that’s alright.  I still have a week and it’s going to be the BIGGEST WEEK OF MIRACLES!  I’ll tell you all about it when I see you  :)

This past week was a real toughy.  I feel like as we get to the end where we just want to work, work, work, everything happens.  This is definitely part of our work, too -- my calling as LTS [sister training leader], but its frustrating.   haha.   The sisters are having a loooot of problems that we have to spend a lot of time inside dealing out. sicknesses, fights, laziness, spiritually weakening. but I feel like the miracle of this week was that I was able to truly feel the Spirit guiding me and qualifying me in my calling.  Sometimes, especially when we give trainings in zone meetings, I feel so confused as to why I’M the LTS.  I feel sooo incredibly unqualified and terrible with my words, in English, let alone in Portuguese.  But it’s momentes  [moments] like this where I truly know that Deus [God] doesn’t call the qualified, but if we are humble and with the right intentions -- helping the sisteres [sisters] in their calling -- He WILL qualify us. 

I feel like in our house there are a lot of sisters that don’t trust each other -- but trust me.  So I have to kind of run around talking to all of them privately and stay as unbiased as I can.  I’m definitely starting to feel like a mom.   haha.  Sorry Mom,  you had 4 girls.... dang... but I have learned to truly TRULY love every one of them.  I’m learning that truly everyone has a story, we just need to listen to it. and love them.

But in other news, Glayson and Leandro are still sooo strong!  Leandro is working again, but told his boss that he can’t work Sundays.  We had him pray before and talked a lot about trusting in God.  He did it.  And now he is working but not on Sundays!!  It’s the coolest miracle ever.  He is sooo strong and faithful.  He will be an amaaazing missionary.  Glayson is still goin to church, and institute and everything.  He’s a member already.  haha.  But just waiting anxiously for his baptism in January.  We’ve been seeing sooo many miracles and eleitos [elites] here in this area and Keilyn warned me about this.  It’s true!!!  I feel sooooo bummed that I’m leaving cause there’s just sooooo much work to do and miracles to see and family I’m leaving behind.  But I like what she said.  I’ll just see it as a good job.  I feel so blessed to know that at least I can say that this area has changed into being an area that the next sisters will  love easily.  I love the mission.  I can’t accept that I’m going home, yet, and I won’t, because at least for 1 more week,  I will be Sister Yoshimoto, full time representante de Jesus Cristo [representative of Jesus Christ].  I love my calling.  I love this work.  I know that it’s the work of God and that after all the good I may have done, it was the Lord’s work and I benefitted the most.  I hope I’ve changed truly on my mission, but I’m excited to see how this next chapter of my life will turn out.  I’m so grateful for this mission that has trained me to be a better member when I return.   And I will be a missionary for the rest of my life.  I’m so grateful for every single person I’ve met in Vegas, and in Brasil who has changed my life for the better.  I’m grateful for my family and my friends and the ward at home who has supported me every step of the way.  I’m grateful for my Heavenly Father who has seen fit to trust me with this sacred calling and to give me this amazing opportunity to be a better person. 

I love you all sooooo much, and I can’t wait to tell you all the other fun stories soon.!! 
But until then, we’ll work até o pó!!!!! [until the end]
até o proximo, queridos!  [until next time, dear]
muito amor,   [much love]
Sister Yoshimoto <3








No comments:

Post a Comment