Translate

Monday, March 31, 2014

Exciting Last Week of Work in the USA. Ready for Brasil!




Mar 31, 2014


Oi Familia e amigos!! :)


This is the last PDay in the US.............. I thought I was fine with going and okay and good and everything, but all of a sudden yesterday I had a freakout moment and now I feel like it's actually happening....... and it's really scary...... AHHHHHLASJDLFK...


But I'm just going to enjoy today (and get a blessing from member) and deal with it tomorrow... on the plane... haha. jk.  I'm good.


I woke up at 3 this morning and couldn't do anything but lie there and try to shut my brain off.   I laid there for almost an hour and a half just tossing and turning.   I didn't think I was so nervous. And I don't even know why I'm so nervous!  :( 


I guess I just feel like I'm completely starting over and I kinda don't want to.  I just have to remember that this first mission DID count and it DID happen haha!  I don't know why I feel like I'm starting over instead of starting again, but I'll get over it.  Lots of prayer and study and work!


Something that was pretty awesome this week was on Friday, we got 3 missed calls different times throughout the day from a weird number--like 1144387340519.  Seriously like that, and it said from New Jersey.  So weird.  When we tried to call back it said, the number you're calling is not real.  Call a real number hahahahhaha.  I was like WHAAT are you doing! 


Then they finally called when we saw and got to answer and a man says Is Sister Yoshimoto there? and i'm thinking..... what.... but it was a teacher from the CTM  in Brasil and he was calling to "Check my Portuguese"....... HAHA OH BOY.   So we set up a time the next day that he could call back and we could talk.  It was right after the baptism. so I was kinda freaking out. When he called, and started to ask questions and such, it was the coolest thing!  I could understand him!  Granted, he was talking childly slow  :) --  and I could respond. and by the last question, I felt so comfortable and at ease just talking.  I almost didn’t want to hang up and talk English again.   But it was at that moment that I realized, the gift of tongues is soooo real!  I have been trying my best to study the language and grammar and everything (mostly thanks to Elder da Conceicao) that when I needed it, it all came together and flowed -- still limited vocab since I haven't actually been using a lot of vocab -- but that words I knew and the grammar I've studied were all there.  It was the most amazing spiritual experience.  I could literally feel the spirit stringing the words together smoothly for me.  It was the most amazing comfort that I needed knowing that as long as I can continue learning the language, especially in this 2 weeks intensive language program at the CTM, and I can live worthy for the Spirit, I will be able to teach in the language.  It'll still be super hard, no doubt, but it was enough of a confirmation to me that I felt a little more ready.  Ever more tender mercies of the Lord. 


But the BAPTISM!!!  WOW!!  SO amazing!!!  I'm sooooo excited!!!  Tami and Alexis are now official members of  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!!!!!!!!  AND WHAT'S EVEN COOLER??!?!?  MATT ALLEN BLESSED THE SACRAMENT AT CHURCH AND GOT UP AND BORE HIS TESTIMONY!!!!!!  It was the most amazing thing to see.  I seriously was tearing up during the prayer asldkfjlskjfdl!  I love him soooo much!!  I seriously can't wait to go to their sealing.  They are the most amazing, spiritual, intelligent, yet humble people in the world.  I am so incredibly blessed to get to know them so closely.  What an amaaaaaazing AMAZING blessing from the Lord.  WOW!!!!!!  There's just no possible way I could ever deserve this.


But sorry, back to the baptism on Saturday!  I'm so soooo happy!!  Just being able to see such strong changed people finally able to take that step.  I can't wait for Eric to join his family so that they can be sealed for eternity in the House of the Lord.  I hope HOPE I can go to the temple at the CTM.  I love it so much now. I hope I will NEVER take the temple for granted, again.  What a blessing it is!


This Friday, another family of ours is getting baptized. a part member family so the Mom, Toni Jackson, and her son, Elijah who is 9 will be baptized!!  I am SOOO bummed that I can't be there for it.....  It was so cute, they were originally set for the 12 but they found out I was leaving and was like we can move it up!  Let's do it the week before!  They are totally ready, but we weren't going to do it today or tomorrow morning haha.  That'd be sweet, but I know it wouldn't work the way it should, especially shouldn't be rushed just for me.  But I'm so excited that they are deciding to take this step this Friday.  It will be such a great blessing  -- they know it already too. We only met them about a month ago, and she already knew she wanted what the other LDS families she's seen have.  She is reading everyday from the Book of Mormon and they have family prayer and scripture study every night -- better than most MEMBERS haha -- and she testified that it truly does bring more peace in their home and their kids get along more and they learn and love learning!  It's amazing the fruits of the gospel.  I am so excited for them!!!  I will have to make a cardboard cutout of me and put it in the baptism for pics and stuff  :)  hahaha jk. but I know I'm definitely coming back in a year or so to see all these amazing families get sealed!!!  I CAN’T WAIT!!!! 


Man, missions are seriously the best! 


I just can't express enough how incredible a mission is.  My testimony is actually a testimony now and it is probably one of the most precious gifts in my life.  I can never explain how dear it is to me or even how dear Vegas is to me now.  This place is hallowed ground to me.  I love it with all my heart.  And I can't wait to share the same love for those in Brasil.  It will be hard leaving, but I know with everything I am that I have done what I needed to do, and I have learned what I needed to learn here in Vegas.  I'm now ready to take my call and follow the Lord to Brasil.  I know there is so much waiting for me there -- even MORE challenges, triumphs, disappointments, successes, and priceless experiences awaiting me there.  So many more things for me to learn and I can't wait to see the refiner's fire I have to look forward to!  ahah.  I will never forget the amazing people and experiences here in Vegas. What an incredible BLESSING. 


I love you all sooooo much!!!  I could never get through all of this without you!!  The prayers, love and support are constantly lifting me up when I feel like I can't take another step.  I pray that Heavenly Father blesses you all with the support, strength and guidance you need for the sacrifices you make for Him and this work. 


Com MUIIIITO AMOR,
Sister Yoshimoto


ATE BRASIL!!!!<3


ps. I have a gianormous box of things to leave at the mission office......... could we possibly have Uncle Jimmy or someone pick it up and store it somewhere out of the way?  I feel bad it's slightly large.  It's an old car seat box.and has mostly winter clothes and letters.  Thanks!!!!!


I'm not sure what time I’ll be at the office, but it'll be tomorrow morning. 
Love you byeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment