Translate

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Transferred to Sao Luiz Maranhao!!


Sister Molina, Sister Merrill, me, Dara, and Sister Maeno


July 30, 2014

Oiiiii Familia!!!   [Dear Family]

I have literally 20 minutes to write and I’m super bummed because I have sooo much to write about!  I will have to write next week more about this week and this coming week. but first of all, mom was right, I’ve been transferred to SAO LUIZ MARANHAO!! I know... I cried quite a bit, but I knew it was coming. I could feel it for the past 2 weeks or so.  I took quite a few pics with everyone and still it was so little time.  I promised I will return soooooo I better start saving my money right now hahahha.  But seriously, I never thought it would be soooo hard to leave an area but this area was harder than the others.  For sure, I can’t even begin to express how grateful I am for this area and for Sister Maeno and the members, OI LAURA<3.  and just everything. I hate crying but I admit it, I’m a crybaby on the mission. haha. But nossa, so much happened!  I will have to write in bullet points and you can ask questions about it later.  [nossa? ????]
-Birthday, awesome. 4 cakes, 1 of jello and marshmallows, one of mousse de maracuja and lemon, one of cheese, and one of chocolate haha!!  Also..... we ate TANAJURA! [ants]  Look it up.  It’s disgusting. GIANT ANTS HAHAHAH I DONT BELIEVE IT HAHAHA.  I’ll send pics
-Jan Ken Po.  The Japanese version of rock paper scissors, THEY USE THAT HERE HAHAHA SO COOL!
-This Sunday, there was a couple visiting who were from Holland and only spoke English so I interpreted for them.  It was tough, but I realized that I actuallly understand everything that’s going on now!  How cool!  I interpreted and I felt like how Mom always says, I think they missed half of what was said, but hopefully the most important parts got through.  I also made up parts to explain better because she was a nonmember and wouldn’t understand a lot of references so I was interpreting and teaching at the same time.  haha.  Super fun.
-I’m now with Sister Marques.  She is from Sao Paulo and looks uncannily similar to Sister Pedreira, who is living in the same house as me now and in the same ward, other area. hahahahah. Small world.  Man. I’m super excited!
-From what I see from Maranhao so far is that it’s suuuuper hot and the beach is close and it looks a lot like Hawaii and its very poor and a lot of Blacks.  So still, I stand out like a sore thumb haha.
-Sister Maeno.  Wow, I can’t believe its been a transfer already and I’m just sooooo sad that I only had one transfer with Sister Maeno.  I seriously am so bummed.  We had too much fun and everything was just too darn perfect this transfer.  I knew that it had to change. but I will never forget everything I learned from her. I was training yet I learned sooo much from her.  We cried like babies but I know I’ll see her again. She’s going to work miracles!!!!
-I leanred Japanese.  It’s going to be a surprise, Dad, but I’m working on my Japanese!!  It’s surprisingly easier than I thought it would be.  I can sing “I Am a Child of God”  and pray and a few other sentences.  Haha super fun.  You have to teach me more after the mission!!
Well, that’s all the time I have for today .... I will spend the rest of the time sending pics. haha. I love you sooo much and I pray for all of you every night.  I’m soooo grateful for Tiangua and all I learned.  I love it there soo much and will never forget it there.  But I know I have a new adventure ahead of me and I can’t wait.  There’s still so much to learn and so much to do!!!!

VAMOS-Lá!!!!
Sister Yoshimoto

p.s.  I printed the letters from you all.  I will respond ASAP!!<3   The computer isn’t letting me send the pics so I will send a whole bunch the next time I can send some pictures.

Dad: watashi wa anata ga suki desu! :)  [Japanese for “I like you.”]

No comments:

Post a Comment