Translate

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Trying New and Exciting Things


March 21, 2014

Oi Familia!

ahhhh! I’m terrible with time! I don’t have a lot for this big email but I got the emails out to everyone else hahaha.

Time flies on preparation day. Sigh.

This week was pretty interesting! It flew by.. seriously! I don’t even remember what happened!

Oh!  Yes, miracles.  We finally are getting trainings in district meeting again so I’m suuuuper stoked.  I am able to understand almost everything and I am loving the people!!!

No time this week but I will sum it up:

A couple, ages 17 and 20, are both inactive, but planning on getting married July 24!  We’re working with them making goals for their future family/present family--living together … and they made the goals of family prayer and scripture study and FHE!!!!!  They want to get married by the bishop at the church because it’ll be more special -- I think their goal is the temple, Though they won’t admit it yet. YAYAYYAYA and they were talking about planning on coming to church this week.  We overheard them and I’m SUUUUER EXCITEDD!!!!  I can’t wait for their wedding.  They are soooo amazing and super sweet and ashdfkjsldkfj I love them.  I might make a bouquet of origami flowers for their wedding hahahah!  But we’ll see what colors. :) Thanks for the origami paper mom and dad!!!  Very useful haha.

We have other investigators who were pretty weak at first but now are accepting dates for baptism and working towards coming to church with their families!

The less actives in our area are all so excited now!

We started a YSA class and everyone is suuuuper excited!!  We have soooo many less active YSA.  This is going to be a miracle worker!!

We are also going to have a talent show and us 4 sisters will be performing Joseph’s first prayer accapella -- 4 sisters, 4 parts.  It sounds suuuuuper good haha!  I’m excited!

We’re actually going to try something different with it, too...  I’ll update next week how it goes. We’re going to sing in the park and try to find new investigators like this -- was a random idea but I think it will work here and the sisters are excited soooo we’ll see!!!

We’ll be starting an English class soon too!  Tonnnns of people are excited for it, but it’s a first time trial, then after they have to bring non-member friends and we’ll teach I Am a Child of God and stuff like that but with the basics of English.  It’ll be interesting because we can all speak English PRETTY well haha, but now we’ll see how good we are at teaching it!  haha

Soooo overall, I’m suuuuper excited for this area!!

Sorry about the scriptures!  It was actually Isaiah 49!



Well, I loooooove you all sooooo much and am soo incredibly blessed to have this opportunity to serve the Lord.  We try to explain to people who ask -- the remuneration of our mission. It’s hard to explain that we’re not paid,  We are actually paying to do this.  The schedule is rigorous and if I were doing this for myself, I wouldn’t be here haha.  But honestly, I can never never NEVER thank Heavenly Father enough for allowing me to be here at this time.  I know with all my heart that this mission has saved my life.  I am so happy and so hopeful for my future, for the future of my family, because of what I’m able to learn here.  Still, it is soooo hard and frustrating but I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve those here, to bear testimony, to SEE the conversion of others as they discover the truth for themselves.  I know with all my heart that this is the only true complete church of Jesus Christ on the Earth and that through the Book of Mormon everyone -- literally EVERYONE can KNOW for themselves from God of this truth. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ, because of one humble, sincere prayer of faith.  I love this gospel.  The hope and peace and true happiness it brings me, and everyone who accepts it, is beyond description.  Thank you for raising me in this gospel!  I love you allllll.  Your examples mean the world to me.

Muiiiiito Amor,
Sister Yoshimoto<3333


P.S.  Please send my love to Grandma!


No comments:

Post a Comment