Translate

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I am so grateful!



Oi Familiiiiiiaaa!!!!!

Wow I can’t believe it’s already been mother’s day and past!  Wow my English is terrible.  Sorry.

It was super nice to see you all again!!! :)  I’m bummed I couldn’t talk with everyone that I wanted to!  You can never really trust technology here.  But it’s okay.  I will see you all soon enough haha. <3

I wrote some things on the alpha smart but it’s not working and now I’m worried.... :(  I wrote to Trav and Cami and Emily and everybodddyyyyyy sighh.  You’ll all have to wait until next week I guess.  Sigh… sorry.

But this computer as well is super slow. I don’t know why but it’s always the computer I get that’s having issues haha.  Oh well.  I will have to keep it short today. 

This week was amaaaazing!!  I wish I could skype this week instead because the miracles are incredible!  This mission is very focused on families and less active members because we have manyyyyy.  And it’s super great.  It’s really tough sometimes because this mission has a lot of strange experimental things that it’s hard to have faith in but this week I decided I’m going to stop doubting and just follow what I’m told -- this is after all what I’ve been learning the whole time in the States, right?


Then, I made some goals personally and with my companion and the day after district meeting where we made a day for a district fast for families and exact obedience, we found 2 new families.  One of them is completely 100% elite! Wow!  It was amazing!

It was a reference from a member that we could never never contact.  We met once outside and talked a little and she said “Wow, you know, we went to church a long time ago, 8 years ago and really liked it, but life got in the way and never made it back.  Just last night, my husband and I were talking about going back, and here you are"!

It was soooo coool so we marked a time to return but they weren’t there -- birthday or something.  So we came back again and he was there but she wasn’t so we couldn’t enter.  Then finally this past Monday, we came back and they were all there.  We were so excited!  Finally! But when we got to talking …  Wow.... I still can’t believe it....

We were just talking and getting to know them better, (Miracle I could understand almost everything – they’re suuuuper awesome … so down to earth ) and then they mentioned the last time they had missionaries here.  We were like woah! cool! elders: and they said yeah, they were super close, came over 4 times a week and they had food and talked and took the lessons. and he said one of the last times they came over, one elder made a promise.  He said: Paulo, Eulaine, if you pray tonight, truly pray and ask God if this church is truly the church of Jesus Christ restored again on the earth, I proimise in the name of Jesus Christ that you will have a dream tonight confirming the truth. ....


Woah, right???
but even better.... they did.  That night they BOTH had the EXACT same dream about 3 Nephi 11 when Christ comes down and is blessing the people and talks with them and all that.  Wow.... amazing … and they woke up and both had the same dream and talked about it and boom... Wow.  I can’t even explain it ...  But they said that soon after the missionaries were transferred, they moved houses, and life got in the way.  They never went back.
We asked if they believed the church was true still and they said == without a doubt.  “We know the church is true.”  Wow.  It was soooo powerful!!!!!

We wanted to jump out of our chairs and run around but we contained it … haha.  It was soooo incredible... but anyway, we are meeting with them and everything is so sooo incredibly amazing.  I always think about the missionary I became in Vegas, the person I became because of all the amazing investigators, families, members, I had the privilege of meeting, and how every single person I met has helped prepare me for the people here. This family reminds me of the Jacksons in Calico Ridge, remember them?  Also the Staffords and the Allens!  So prepared by the Lord, so open and humble and ready to accept the gospel.  They were so happy and ready for the something more. Those families who are completely open and loving and literally, I was  there doing nothing and they’re already ready. haha.  It’s like that again.  Where I’m seriously learning more from them than I’m teaching.  It’s the best :) 

It’s the most amazing blessing of a mission.  Knowing that no matter what, I will never be able to give back as much as I’m getting.  Knowing that I will never forget the people I’ve met and the huge incredible impact they’ve already made in my life. 

I’m sooo grateful!  What an amazing gift this mission is.  And I’m sooooooo excited for the future missionaries. Wow!! 


I don’t have time and I feel really bad because I had a buuuunch of emails ready for you all and it’s not coming out of the alpha smart :((  sorry....... but I want to leave some of my favorite scriptures ever that really helped me and still help me every day:
Doctrine and Covenants 50:40-41 … I think please check first haha.

Love you alll soooooo much!!!<333333
ate proximo Quarta!!!  [Until next Wednesday]

-Sister Yoshimoto


Doctrine and Covenants 50:40-41
 40 Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth.
 41 Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me;
Isaiah 4:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment