Translate

Monday, November 4, 2013

We Missed Sleeping in for the Daylight Savings Time Change!!!

Oi!!

How is everyone at home!! This week has been a fun week. We got to go to the mission office for Halloween! haha!  Sooooooper fun! All the missionaries inv alley (not in AZ or CA) got to go to the mission office and watch Ephraim's Rescue.  It was SOOOO good.  Oh man..  Like a 2nd part to 17 Miracles which is probably one of my favorite movies.  Oh man, I recommend ALL of you to go and watch those two movies. AND the Joseph Smith movie.  They are soooo great.  Top 10 movie list for sure!  It was such a good experience.  Then we got to have little snacks and talk with other missionaries, then go home. we got home late cause the movie went long and we didn't get home until almost 10 and didn't get to sleep til 11. MAN we were POOPED!   hahahahhaha. 11.... That's a missionary party.  hahaha.

Sooo..... saddest news ever.. We missed the daylight savings time... -_____- so. sad. haha. we got sooo many reminders and I even set my watch to the right time but then our phone alarm went off and it said it was 6.  Time to get up!   But I was like WHAT it's still dark!  There's no way!  So we got ready and then hours later, we had ward council at 11 and got there and were waiting and were like ... oh man!   No one's here! There, were a few people from the other ward , but we were just waiting then I looked at the phone and it said 10...... it didn't update until like 8 am!!   Oh my gosh!  I was so mad! (not really) but really.... hahahah. I was like NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo. I was looking forward to that extra hour of sleep for SO long (2 days)--and just like that.... gone. slipped through my fingers. no more...... just a "spring forward" to look forward to... hahahaha. Oh well. haha.  Gotta wait til next year!   haha.  Life's simple pleasures.

Anyway, that was the funny story for this week. Other than that, the work has been tough. We have SO many appoiintments set, but young single adults are sooooo flaky!!!  So we end up having like 15 appointments for the week set with investigators or potentials, and end up only getting to really have 3 or 4 really go through ):  It's hard. but we've been able to really concentrate on finding and contacting and really talking to everyone. Iit's been really amazing.  We had a great training on talking to everyone!  That quote that the Bertagnolli's sent me from Marcus was EXACTLY what they said--"If you want to baptize some people talk to some people but if you want to baptize everyone, talk to everyone" We got a training on how if we aren't talking to everyone, we are temporarily thwarting their salvation and their spiritual blood is on our hands.  There was a super powerful quote .. lemme see if I can get it right-- "Any excuse we use to not talk to everyone is a justification for sin and a direct result of our fear, our lack of faith". something like that. that hit me sooo hard!  My fear of talking to someone who looks mean or who is walking away and seems busy, is basically a sin on my part.  It's me allowing the fear of man and my natural man to overcome my faith. This week we've been able to really put our faith into action as we tried our best to talk to EVERYone we saw, despite the situation. I realized this is something so much more important and so much bigger than myself and my silly fears. I'm truly learning how to cast my fears aside and stand as a representative of Jesus Christ. And boy, the miracles we've seen--people who are truly intersted, or those who aren't at first, but as  we continue to talk to them and just testify, they start asking questions and even if we don't get a return appointment, they've been able to have some answers and know that we do have something more than just a church, but the True Church with all the answers and the real path to happiness.  It's really quite amazing, just sitting back and thinking about how deep, yet so simple this church is.  It's God's true church.  The only way back, with His plan, completely laid out for us, yet so few take the time to try it out. How much they're missing out ):

One of our investigators, Ricky, the one where his mother died of cancer last year and his nephew has cancer and he has 3 tumors in his brain. His dad is so angry and mean. I don't remember if I told you about him already, but its so sad to see how hurt his dad really is and how he lets it eat him up from the inside out and how it affects his son. Ricky is so worn down by his hurtful comments and you can just see how much pain and anger is built up in his dad and he just takes it out on his son.  It's sooo sad...  His dad kicked him out a couple of days ago, and Ricky's trying to talk to his dad, but he won't listen. and His birthday is today! We bought him a card and little cake. We're excited to give it to him :)  to let him know we remembered and still care. He was sleeping in his dad's old car in the back last night where the windows are stuck open and it's like 40 degrees outside and all he had was a little sweatshirt. so we found him a sleeping bag... it's so sad. its times like this I wish we could do something more to help :(   We are just praying and fasting and telling him to pray.  It's so hard to see things like this happen, but I am so excited to teach more about the Atonement so he can truly understand how much he is loved. and his dad, too!!!  We are trying to talk to him as well.  We'll see how it goes. 

So, I have no time left haha. but I love you all and jussssst got the letters today! I will read them today and reply soon!  I guess they were all still being forwarded to Kingman :( sorry!!!  Love you all!!!!! 
You are all in my prayers!   Keep me in yours!
Ate Logo!
-Sister Yoshimoto!
:)
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment