Translate

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Almost 6 Months Has Passed Already

November 18, 2013

Oiii!!!! Como Vao??

This week has gone by SOOO fast! I can't believe the transfer's almost over already! It's been whizzing by! haha. Kind of fun, but also really sad! Wanna know what's super weird?  In December, I'll have been out for 6 months... 6 MONTHS!! THAT MEANS I ONLY HAVE A YEAR LEFT!!! :((( SOOO weird... I feel so strange.  I feel like I just came out last transfer!! What...

Anyway, Updates on Ricky.. :( He is a little upset because he thinks we told a bunch of people about his situation.. which we didn't--we only told those who could help us (give blankets or a place to sleep). but some of his friends from high school (people we wouldn't know anyway) found out and he thinks we told them (even though his other friends knew about the situation too and probably told them...) but yeah, it's really sad. he's a little hurt and angry and so he asked for some space... we're going to go over there again next week when he should be getting a job so he can go out more or something.. but yeah.. it's really sad :(

But we have picked up a ton of new people!!! SO MANY PREPARED PEOPLE are coming out of nowhere!! It's amazing!! This amazing referral from bishop--a lady called him and said her grandaughter wants the lessons--she has gotten into some crazy stuff and almost killed herself with hard drugs and stuff and is alcoholic and all that, but she just felt impelled to come to church and asked her grandma how she can become closer to God. So we're meeting with her everyday at 5 to help her overcome her feelings of guilt and loneliness and all the effects of her lifestyle so we can help her learn how to use the Atonement in her life. It's really an amazing miracle. I can't even imagine how I would be able to help someone who's gone through this without the help of the Savior. IT's so comforting to know that I don't have to know what she's gone through to empathize, because our real job isn't to counsel and comfort, but to help her find her Savior so that He can do it--because he is the only one who truly can. "He has the power to heal broken hearts, minds, and souls." heard that in conference?  I don't remember. but I love it. because its so true.

Dad, that's soooo amazing about that priesthood blessing for that guy! WOW! What a miracle. I love how every once in a while, those tender mercies present themselves and we can really truly see the power of God! He knows exactly what we need whether they are big or small miracles, someone in conference said God only works in Miracles. and we can see Him in everything that happens if we can find the miracle in it! But what an amazing experience! What a faith builder!


I'm SOOO excited for everyone in the WARD!!! Wow!! 10 missionaries out! How exciting that Elder Jepson came home!! Weird!!! That seriously shocked me so bad! I feel like he just left! Then I realized its because I've already been out 5 months..... weird. time just flies so fast on a mission... it's really sad :( but its okay, because next conference, they're going to extend sister missionaries to 2 years. trust me. they were going to do it this conference, but I think they forgot. so, next conference. :) woohoo! what a blessing hahah.

Anyway, I hope you're all doing well! You are all in my prayers always! I pray that each and every one of you will get those missionary moments in your life because they are the best moments in life.  The chance we can finally share the best thing we have with everyone! It's the chance we have to play a part in saving souls!


I pray for each of you! Love you alll!!!
Amo voces!!!

-Sister Yoshimoto

No comments:

Post a Comment