Translate

Monday, April 21, 2014

I'm the first Japanese missionary in Teresina ... under President Siedschlag



21 April 2014
Oi  Familia!!!!!
e louco!!! [It’s crazy]  I only have less than 30 minutes to write.  I feel bad because I have soooooooo much to say but no time!!  This will be very small part of my week and a half.
Wow. I can’t believe I’m in Brasil.  {This keyboard is very different and foreign so I will have lots of mistakes. sorry. haha.}   Bem, [Well]  first of all, wow. I LOVEEEEE Brasil.  President and Sister Siedschlag are amaaaazing!!!  Sister  Siedschlag  reminds me of some relative of ours. Hahahaha.  I can’t remember who but wow I love her!!!  She taught me Japanese and calls me her filha!  [daughter]  hahaha.   Porque [because] I am the first missionary of Japanese ancestry in the mission since she’s been here.   hahaha.  This mission is suuuuper new.  They [Pres and Sis Siedschlag] are the 2nd President [and wife] of the mission and it is veryyyyy different!!!  They said that when they first created this mission the other missions didn’t want to send their  good missionaries so they sent the trouble makers.   hahaha.   Nao sei [I don’t know] how true it is but they say they have a lot of trouble with obedience.  It is better now, but still pretty tough.   I love it here.
Sooooo I’m not even in Piaui or Maranhao hahaha.  I’m in Ceara! I didn’t even know this was in the mission, but I’m in a city called Tiangua!  It’s muuuuch coooler and seriously perfect!!  I loooove it here!   I’m super bummed I’m not serving in Elder Conceicao’s ward but I am praying I will be able to soon!!

Just a few things I will write to give you an idea of what this area is like:
·         First day, it started raining, didn’t stop.  We walk everywhere so in a matter of less than 10 minutes we were completely soakcd through and there was literally a river in the road. The road was a river.  Literally!   haha.  Best night ever.
·         They have Dora the Explorer aqui  [here] but she’s teaching English and speaking Portuguese!  hahahhahaha
·         It rains pretty much every day … rains really hard.  It’s amazing.   Soooo green!
·         Flies are everywhere aqui [here].  nao e innormal [and not unique????]  It’s part of the culture.  haha.
·         We walk everywhere and I’m pretty sure I can’t feel my legs or feet, except I can, because my shin splints have shin splints.
·         The fruit is amazing. and suuuuper cheap.  The food is amazing and every single house gives us cake. Hahahahaha.  I’m afraid I won’t lose weight here.... sigh.
·         The people..... amazing.   So many elite people.   So many prepared.  Everyone is so open and willing to talk and learn and welcome us in.
I don’t have time but I want to say I loooove this area.
It is uncomfortable and different and hot and gross, but completely worth it.  I don’t think I’d have it any other way.  I know more than anything that this is what I need.  I am growing so much and learning so much to rely on the Lord and I looooove everything about this mission.  I know there is so much I can learn from here and so much I can give.  I am so excited for this new adventure.  Sorry for this lame undetailed letter but I literally have no tim e.  haha.  I love you allllll.  You’re all in my prayers.  I  hope to read and respond to letters sooon but no promises :(
I have a native companion.  Irma [Sister] Pedreira and live with 2 other sisters both Americanas. Super fun!   haha.  The language is coming along... just wish I could understand these people.  Hahaha.   Nah, j/k   It’s coming quickly.  Much work to do!  I love you !!!!!  I will send pics next week!!!!!
Irma Yoshimoto




Alvacir L. and Aurea Siedschlag
Mission President and wife.  Alvacir Luiz Siedschlag, 59, and Aurea Fumie Satto Siedschlag, three children, Brazil Teresina Mission; Guaratuba Ward, Joinville Brazil Stake. 
Brother Siedschlag served as a bishop and is a former stake president, bishop and missionary in the Brazil Sao Paulo North Mission. Self-employed businessman. Born in Araquari, Brazil, to Oscar Luiz and Elvira Pereira Siedschlag.
Sister Siedschlag served as a counselor in a Relief Society presidency and is a former counselor in a Young Women presidency. Born in Sao Paulo, Brazil, to Xiguero and Tocimi Satto.

No comments:

Post a Comment