Translate

Monday, December 2, 2013

I'm Grateful for Precious, Not Easy, But Precious Learning Experiences



December 2, 2013



Oi Familia e Amigos!


So guess what?? They are officially not calling Americans to Brazil anymore. Too many visa waiters. Over 300 visa waiters! Oh man!! But it's crazy. It's weird cause when I think about it, this IS my mission. I can't even imagine what it’s like in Brasil. Like when I think about it, it just feels so foreign (ha-ha no pun intended) like it's a totally different life when I imagined going there. Strange. haha. But I just keep praying a blessing on the hearts of the government so that when we are all needed there, we will be able to go! :) yay! 


Anyway, this week went by sooo fast! It was crazy. I don't even remember what I was going to write about. dang. Well, First of all, I got the coat from the Arimas and will get the rest from Bishop today! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!! WOW! What fancy coat! haha. I love it! Thank you soooo much! I really didn't want to buy clothes here, we were kind of out money and it's getting COLD! haha. Thank you!!!!!! It was super weird hearing from Bishop that he spoke to my dad and my uncle brought me clothes.   I was like ... huh? It was like a foreign idea. The idea of family being so closely in contact! And dinner with the Lindseys! So fun!!!!! Sister Lindsey was asking about Keilyn and Travis and Cami and Emily and I was like woah!! ALL THESE NAMES!!! It was so weird hearing and talking about them.  It was super fun hahahah. They said they were only there for a little while in SJ but they LOOOVED you, Mom and Dad! They were sooo happy because they just loved you guys and were so welcomed and loved in SJ! Man, it just truly showed me how just being friendly can make such an impression on people! I'm so lucky you guys are so great! :) It doesn't just bless you but everyone else too! (especially me, yummy food! ha-ha) but seriously though. It was so nice to see them and talk about you all. 


ANOTHER small world experience! Travis! I met someone you knew from college! When you were living in Park Plaza??? I think that was it. His name is Josh Clayton . He asked me if I knew a Travis Yoshimoto and I was like double take. WHAT ha-ha. So weird hearing these peoples' names! (These people, aka, my family) ha-ha. It's just so out of place on a mission lol! But sooo cool to hear about you all! He said he didn't know you too well, but that you were really nice :)


So this week, I really can't remember what happened?? It's been super fast!   But first of all, Sister Roberts, my companion in Kingman, went home this transfer. I feel bad and kinda sad about it, but I know it was what is best for her. She has learned and grown so much on the mission, but she was ready to go.   I felt SOOO bad. The poor girl.   It was seriously the hardest thing sometimes to just step in her shoes but I learned a lot from her. Especially how to love so completely. She would do anything for others. She was really kinda amazing. But I’m glad she's home now. I feel like she will be able to do much better there.


Anyway, this week, I think I’ve learned a lot about the Atonement. It truly can change your nature. little by little. if you allow it to. I'm trying to really change the way I show my love for others--especially my companion. It's challenging sometimes but I know it's what I need to do. I'm praying and really trying to put alllll of my pride and frustration and negativity on the altar of sacrifice. It isn't easy, but it is working and worth it. I love the Atonement. It truly does exactly what we need to get through this life alive! haha. In Alma 33:11  I found it just flipping through the Book of Mormon and it really hit me. 


11 And thou didst hear me because of mine afflictions and myasincerity; and it is because of thy Son that thou hast been thus merciful unto me, therefore I will cry unto thee in all minebafflictions, for in thee is my joy; for thou hast turned thy judgments away from me, cbecause of thy Son.


I love the statement of how it is truly through the Son that God CAN be forgiving. But also, that fact that He WILL hear us in our afflictions and if we are sincere, he is merciful unto us and in Him we can find Joy! I love it! Really, not only in the afflictions from the world and big trials but in the personal afflictions. My own personal battles that I have to deal with every day. It really helps when I have a hard time. 


Sooooo.. I just lost my entire train of thought because I just checked the weather and it says it’s going to be 24 degrees this week............ you don't even understand how my heart jumped when I saw that. omg. I’m going to die!!! Thank you so much for giving me those coats.... I truly TRULY appreciate it hahaha and will MORE so this week.... oh my gosh....... 


Well, I’ll appreciate the cold while I can I guess... :P or I’ll try. haha!
I love you all soooo much!!!! I want to hear from you all! Let me know how everyone is doing!! 


I just want you all to know that I am truly grateful for this privilege of serving a full time mission. It's the hardest thing ever but it's the most joyful most fun and most worthwhile thing I can say I’ve ever done with my life and probably ever will do (besides start a family ahah) but man, it's just so amazing what I learn about myself and about my Heavenly Father and My relationship with Him. I can't express how much I love being on a mission and how much I wish EVERYONE would go on one.  It’s insane how much I learn that I CAN do. And how much I see I need to improve on. I feel like I haven’t changed NEARLY enough and am sooooo happy I have more time.... but it's going fast! :( 


I love you all soooo much!!! 
Tenha uma grande semana!!!! 
ate a proxima Segunda!!
<3 Sister Yoshimoto



p.s. Hey!! By the way, I just found out that a Cody Brinkerhoff is here in the mission ... he's from San Jose. I don't know him but maybe you know him. haha. And an Elder Meyer served in SJ 2009-2011. Don’t know if in our area but maybe you remember him. I don’t.  Just found out! Cool stuff! :)


LOVE YOU BYE!<333



No comments:

Post a Comment