Translate

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Last/First Entry

Ola A Todos!!!!

So this is my last personal message to all, and my first entry as an official full-time missionary!!! How exciting!!!! I know a lot of you aren't really sure what all this means. If you have any questions at all about anything i might say in the future, feel free to ask my family or message me on Facebook as my parents will be manning it until I return in December of 2014.  

I just want everyone to know that I am going on this mission to Brazil because I want to.  Not because it is expected of me, or because my parents want me to go, but because I personally have come to the decision to go and dedicate the entirety of the next 18 months to the Lord.  I know it will be the hardest 18 months of my life, yet it will definitely be the most fulfilling and life-changing and BEST 18 months i will ever have in this life as I will learn ultimate humility, love, and compassion through trials and experiences I can't yet imagine.  Soon, I will be teaching the amazing joys and blessings of this gospel as a representative of Jesus Christ, and I CANT WAIT!!!!

I will definitely miss EVERY one of you and want to truly thank each of you for your friendship and example in my life as every bit has gotten me to where i am today.  And I can finally, honestly say that I am happy with where I am, and who I am, and who I know i will soon become in life at this moment.  You have all had your personal influence in my life, no matter how big or small, and I truly appreciate all your continuing love and support!.  

I can also honestly say that I would LOOOVE it if any and all of you would email me while i am away. Just update me on how life is treatin' ya and what amazing things are going on back home!!!  I would love to keep up with your lives as well.  I might not be able to reply as quickly as I would like to, but I WILL respond somehow--so keep up with this blog and maybe i snuck in a few lines for you!! otherwise i will definitely try to email back personally (I will only have about 30-60 minutes a week to read and send emails and letters).

I hope that as you all read my weekly letters home, and my updates throughout my mission, that you will all be able to learn and grow even a little bit a long with me.  I know i will definitely be growing and learning constantly throughout these next 18 months, and I can only hope that as you follow me through my many ups and downs, that I can maybe do a little good for someone else, as well.  

I am really so grateful for this opportunity I have to embark on this incredible adventure for the Lord.  As I enter this exciting new chapter in my life, I look forward to it with anticipation and excitement, and I can't wait for you all to join me.

Much Love, <3
Sister Lauren Yoshimoto 

No comments:

Post a Comment